Hotmail is one of the leading web email services available on the web. Hotmail is a Webmail owned by Microsoft who has been present on the Internet for 21 years. It is known to be one of the oldest webmail services on the web. Hotmail Login UK or www.hotmail.co.uk was developed by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996 in California.
Hotmail managed to get hit in a year and looking at its popularity Microsoft acquired Hotmail in 1997. Microsoft acquired Hotmail for a price of $400 million. Yahoo Mail used to be the only competitor of Hotmail in the ’90s. Hotmail became the most used Webmail service provider in 1999. Everything was going fine until the launch of Google Mail. After the launch of Google Mail in 2004, Hotmail had to launch its webmail again with new features and facilities. Microsoft tried to change the name of Hotmail many times.
However, they had to revert back to the name “Hotmail” due to its popularity. In 2013, Hotmail finally changed the name of Hotmail to “Outlook.com”. You will be redirected to ‘Outlook.com’ if you open ‘Hotmail.com’.Hotmail has been able to keep its reputation because of the features it offers. It has one of the most unique features among all the webmail services on the internet.
Let’s have a look at some of the features offered by Hotmail:
Features: Hotmail Login UK
- You get an active view with Hotmail where you can directly interact with all of your emails.
- You get a focused inbox with Hotmail where you only get to see important stuff on your screen. You will see emails that are important to you in your Inbox while all other emails will be transferred to other folders.
- Hotmail automatically learns about the emails that are important to you.
- Compared to other webmail services Hotmail is far better when it comes to security and privacy. Hotmail has criticized other popular webmail services many times because of their lack of security for users.
- It has one of the best spam filters that filter out all the spam messages from your inbox. All the spam messages are transferred into Spam folders.
- Hotmail also has its own calendar. The calendar is used to update you about upcoming events and meetings.
Skype integration is supported in Hotmail. You can read, send skype messages and make Skype video calls directly from Hotmail.
- Gmail lets you attach a document of size up to 25MB. However, In Hotmail, you can attach a document of up to 100MB.
- You also get free Onedrive cloud storage up to 5GB with a Hotmail account. You can upload big files in Onedrive and can send it to someone through Hotmail.
- Hotmail has a desktop app for Windows PC. You can download the app from the Windows store or you can download the desktop app from the internet.
- You can select a various theme for your Hotmail from Hotmail theme stores. There are many cool themes available in the Hotmail theme store.
- You can use other webmail services like Gmail in the official app of Hotmail for Smartphone.
- Hotmail is available on iOS as well as Android platform.
These are some of the features offered by Hotmail. You will get to know about more interesting features while using the webmail service yourself. Today, we are going to talk about how can you create and Hotmail Login UK account and log in via Smartphone. We will show you how to do that from the Hotmail app official app. First, let’s learn to download the application:
How to Download www.Hotmail.co.uk application on your Smartphone
You can use this tutorial to download Hotmail on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Open Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your smartphone.
- Go to the search bar and type “Hotmail” and tap on “Search”.
- Open the first app from the search result.
- Tap on “Install” to start downloading the application.
Hotmail app will be installed on your smartphone. Now, let’s learn to create an account and Login on Hotmail.co.uk account.
How to Create an account on Hotmail.co.uk via smartphone
As you have downloaded the Hotmail app on your smartphone it will be easier for us to create an account. Follow the steps below to create an account on Hotmail.co.uk.
- Open Hotmail application on your smartphone.
- Tap on “Create an account”.
- Type your “First Name” and “Last Name” in the required fields.
- Type a unique username for your new Hotmail account.
- Create a strong password for your Hotmail account.
- Enter some personal details like Date of Birth and Country/Region in the required fields.
- Agree to their terms and conditions and click on “Create an Account”.
Your Hotmail Account will be created. You may have to verify your account by providing your Mobile number. Now, let’s see how can you log in on Hotmail.co.uk. Follow the steps below to find out:
Hotmail Login UK: Simple Steps
We will be using Hotmail application to log in on Hotmail.co.uk. Follow the steps below:
- Open Hotmail application on your smartphone.
- You will see a Hotmail Login UK screen on the front page of the app.
- Enter your Username and Password and tap on “Login”.
- You may have to enter a security captcha to login in the application.
You will be logged in to hotmail.co.uk. You can bookmark our website for more tutorials related to Hotmail.